Sunday, October 05, 2008

Amazing Grace

I just want to take this opportunity to truly thank God for all that He has done, not just in my life, for the last 10 years that I have been part of the church, Hope Brisbane. But as well, just for all that He has brought this church to.......just hearing all the different sharing from the different people just goes to show that this day it is the lives of people that matter. It is not just about what is working well, and what is a better method. But it is about a life. A life that God treasures, a life that matters to God

As we celebrate Hope Brisbane's 15th Anniversary, it brought back a lot of fond memories when I first came in to the church, and how God has blessed me, but more so, how God has brought so many people into our midst, and one question I was asking myself........whose life have I made a difference in today? When I go up to heaven, and meet God, and if God is to ask me...........whose life have i made a difference in, I hope I will be ready to answer that.

As i look back for these 10 years in the church, I just see how God has grown different ones, and also the church. Not just in numbers, but in our lives as well. When I listen to the song sang...........thanks choir (for the wonderful "thank you" song), and as I worshipped God, it just really brought a heart that could not express in words "thank you to God" and thank you to the church leadership team, and thank you to all who have been part of my life. I couldn't express that sense of gratitude, and that no matter how much I do, or will provide, it just seems like it is not enough, because all of you have done so much, not just for me, but for the church.

The celebration that we had, not just brought back fond memories, and lots of thank you, but it also demonstrates God's amazing love. Despite a church that is so not perfect, yet God is willing to keep loving and keep preparing. Looking at all the things that have past, and even just this whole organisation of the anniversary, I can only say that it is God's amazing love and grace that has driven us to where we are today. So what can I say..........but to ask you to join with me to THANK GOD for all.

And I just want to say thank you for all who has put in the hard work for the church

And as well, thank God for the whole events team for anniversary, who has been gracriously patience, helpful and willing to go the extra mile. You have made a difference :)


No comments: