Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Step or Jump??? of Faith

How can i not blog this............

I did one of the best thing in the world ( i reckon) - skydiving. Will put up the video somewhere when I get it, but at this point, you'll just have to imagine with me.

Last weekend, with a few "crazy" and funloving friends, we decided to take this journey to jump out of a plane and land with a parachute behind us. It was an anxious yet looking forward type of thing. We had funny conversations before the jump, like taking motion sickness pills before jumping, or even writing our will. Well, all the anxiousness and all were silenced when we jumped out of the plane 14000 ft above ground. The feeling or word that can be used to describe it all is PHENOMENAL. I never thought that I would enjoy it so much that I would want to do it another time. I thought I would be so scared that this is my once in a lifetime sort of thing.

Anyway, enough of me saying too much, but more on what I have learnt. This jump of faith is very much a walk of faith for me. Just like Peter who had to step out in faith to walk on water, I felt I needed to challenge my faith to another level by jumping out of the plane. Not so much about testing whether God will catch me, but more so, what would I be willing to do for God, how much would I be willing to step out.

When I evaluated this whole jump, it showed me something really clear, if I willed myself to do it, I have a lot of sheer determination to complete it. It really reminded me of what was prophesied over me about me having a "bull-dogged" tenacity. However, it also showed me that if I can and have put my life on the line for a thrill of adrenalin rush, I'm sure I will be able to put my life on the line for Jesus. The question is whether "am I willing". This became a huge challenge, because it really make me realise that many times when God has called me, or asked me to take on something, I know that He knows I can. But He is testing my willingness to do it for Him, my willingness to give it all for Him. Sometimes, because of our sinful nature, the willingness to do it for yourself is far greater than the willingness to do it for Jesus.

Anyway, I think this challenge has taught me a very simple truth. God is waiting, are we willing to do it for heaven's sake. I have taken that first step to be out of the plane, why should I keep God waiting. How about you?

No comments: