Sunday, November 12, 2006

PEACE of God

It's been a good break in Melbourne. Though it has only been a couple of days, but I have the time to just stay quiet within my soul to pray and ask God. Over the weekend, I had the opportunity with my family to drive up to Beechworth to look at the historical town. It is a long drive - we took about 5 - 6 hours each way. And that's when i realise that I wasn't a very good passenger seat person. I think it's better if I'm the driver.

Haha.........I laugh at it because even for short distances, I can't seat at the passenger seat without wanting to take control - ooh yikes........i think this is like some control freak spirit in me about driving. Haha and Han can testify of that.

Anyway, something that God laid within me as I thought through it a bit more, I like being the driver, and God asked me if I would give Him the wheel and feel confident that He will lead me to where He desires to. I realise that on my mouth, I would say yes, but yet in my heart, i think the conviction needs to be build deeper. What is wrong with me, I ask God, why can't I trust Him, and why am I finding it difficult to give Him full control. One thing that the Lord lay in my heart is "PEACE". Peace of God is upon us, as God has promise in

John 14:27........."Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

I find that I am troubled easily by the things of the world, and fearful of what can happen if I lose control. And I realise that God is wanting to mould my character and strength that I draw that peace from God alone, not from the things that I have control around. Even with the recent incidences that happened in my life, like with my career, I realise that God has His hands upon it, which I find it hard to understand, yet am amazed at how God knows what is best.

Just a quick testimony.........I went for a job interview recently with Missions Australia, and it all went well, but I didn't get the job. I wasn't feeling overly disappointed, but asked God where else would He open the other door. Left it with God, but a little uncertain.

Then I got a call from the manager who interviewed me, and said that I did well in the interview, but was met with strong candidates, and that's why I didn't get it. However, she offered me to apply for another position, and I was overjoyed with it. Though it's not even a guarantee for the position, but I knew that this is what God is telling me. Even when I don't see it possible, He can open the close doors, and if only I would persevere and trust Him, and know that PEACE He has is something that we can rely on. For me, this is a great learning curve, to understand this PEACE that God desires to give to us.

No comments: