Sunday, August 19, 2007

Empowerment from God

How much can we rely on the Holy Spirit? Do we know that the power of God is for us to claim. How much are we tapping on the strength of God. I like how King David wrote it in Psalm 18.........

"It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; He enables me to stand on the heights. He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze. You give me a shield of victory, and your right hand sustains me; you stoop down to make me great. You broaden the path beneath me, so that my ankles do not turn."

Psalm 18:32-36


There is so much that God can assist us with, do we realise that? Or are we still trying to fiddle here and there and trying to work it out on our own. Of course to balance it, it is not just expecting that God is going to do everything for us. God requires us to work with Him. But when we learn to trust in the power of God and His empowerment, there is more and greater things that can be done through us. No longer do we need to live in our own fears of whether we can do it, but it is God that can empower what we have, to do His work. And it will be His promises that come to pass, and not just our dreams and goals.

Sometimes our dreams and goals are limited by our own thinking capacity. We look at what we have, and what we can do, or have done, and set goals that are within our reach. But if we learn and discipline our minds and hearts to see that it is God's power that can move through us, to fulfill His promises, we'll learn to think BIG.

I've been recently challenged when I saw the movie "Amazing Grace" and how William Wilburforce pursued the will of God for 18 years. Wow, it's not just sheer perseverence, but it's conviction and he knew that it's God's call for him that His will be fulfilled through him (William). I then thought about how much William has sacrificed because of his faith and belief in God's power. He did let go of it for a season, but yet it still burnt deeply in his heart to see the slave trade abolished. It is truly only God's grace that has enabled William to see the will of God fulfilled. And that brought me to realise that it is by God's grace that we can receive such power and empowerment from our heavenly Father.

Wow........it just inspired me to want to do more. I've got big dreams that I have never declared, not being able to see how those dreams could come to pass with me. But when I see God in me, I start to see what God can possibly do, or even what God has started within me. I am determined to pursue those dreams, but more so, to pursue the will of God for my life until I see it come to pass. And knowing that it is only the power and grace of God that can bring me there.

Press on, my brothers and sisters, don't give up on the Grace of God upon your life, He has freely given His Grace into your life, not for you to freely waste it away, but for you to claim it and live out the "freedom" He has promised. Start dreaming those big dreams for Him, and let Him speak into your heart.

No comments: