Friday, May 02, 2008

What is your value?

Have one ever thought what is their value? How much are you worth? Or even rather What sort of value do you place upon yourself? Are you PRICELESS? or Are you WORTHLESS? I don't know what you see yourself to be, but I know in God's eyes, I'm priceless, and precious. God places a huge value upon our lives, because He gave up His one and only son for our sins. Wow, do you realise that you are worth the live of another innocent man?

I was listening to a preaching by Dr. A.R Bernard, and he said that we are God's workmanship - God created every single bit within us, but more so, we are His workmanship (as what Ephesians 2:10 says) "For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." It is as if God wrote a poem about us.......He wrote about our lives, He has it all planned out that when He wrote that poem, it "rhymes", it is "beautiful" and it is "perfect". God's workmanship was for Him to enjoy, it was for Him to use. Do we realise that we are so "priceless" in the eyes of God, that even He will take time to "write out every single detail about our lives".

When I look at it, I realise then this "perfect" workmanship of God has been not so perfect, because of the value I put upon my own life. I don't see the perfect work that God has first created, and hence I don't value every single bit of my life and at times, get discontented with myself. But wow, when we learn to put great value upon our lives, we will treasure every single moment of it; we will grab every opportunity that comes up because it may be the only one; we will make every decision with great supplication before God because of fear that we may walk out of God's plan; we will love every relationship we have with people because it may be the last that you can show that love; we will run with urgency in all that we do, because we may not be able to finish everything we would like to do...........

When you truly realise the value that God has place on you, and coming to receive that same value yourself, you look at life differently. God values you greatly, He sees you with much more than you can comprehend........Don't give away that value that He has for you;

And I also want to add.......... in all things that you do, when you place value upon it, especially upon the Word of God, as you hear it preached to you......place a great value on it, because when you place a great value on it, you will take it seriously, and you will want to take it and run all the way until you see it come to past.

I don't know if it all makes sense, but remember, your value is determined by God, and when you see God's value on you, you will place great value on the things of God too

No comments: