Sunday, December 03, 2006

The Confidence is in God alone



Personally for me, the rising of the sun shows how confident we can be in God, because it never fails to rise every morning. I believe that's how God can help us to have that confidence in Him, that every day, we can rise with that confidence in Him.

As I grow up, one thing that I have picked up is that my confidence (many a times), comes from my experiences in doing the thing over and over again. I am one who is usually lacking in confidence when I have to pick up something new to do. I am always awestruck at people who seem to be so confident, and always never fearful of the new things that they need to do. I take a long time to think through the new things that I need to do, before I will take that step out and do something about it. And yet looking at people, I gazed and wondered, where do they find that sort of strength to be so confident to be out there.

One of my weakness is my lack of confidence with people and public.........I know everytime when I have to address the public, and people, be it at work or in ministry, I go through a whole lot of turmoil and butterflies within me, that I'll come to the point of prayer and say to God, "I really don't have the strength to do it, but only you can do that in me, only You, can take me through the moments". As I look at it from time to time, this relying on God has helped me to understand a lot more how come confidence comes from God, and how can we have confidence in God, and why we as humans struggle in this lack of confidence.

2 verses that really strengthens me.................

"for the Lord will be your confidence, and will keep your foot from being snared."
Proverbs 3:26

"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us - whatever we ask - we know that we have what we ask of him." 1 John 5:14

For all of us out there (including myself), when we have that thought that I don't think I'll be able to do it, or I can't do a good enough job than another person.................rebuke that thought, and pray for the confidence to be placed in God, not on your past experiences. It is God that will take you through, not your past experiences. No matter how well or badly you have performed in life, in the past.............take it as a learning curve. But remember it is God that you rely on, not on what you have or haven't done. I am sure that God, when we seek His will in all that we do, be it studies, work, or even ministry, He will honor it.

No comments: