Friday, December 01, 2006

grow......Grow......GROW

I have this voice in me that keeps telling me, it is time to grow, it is time to expand, and it is time to enlarge. And daily when I seek and speak to God, one thing that really struck me is my desire to grow, not just physically and naturally, but spiritually.

"Enlarge the place of your tent, stretch your tent curtains wide, do not hold back; lengthen your cords, strengthen your stakes. For you will spread out to the right and to the left; your descendants will dispossess nations and settle in their desolate cities."

Isa 54:1-3 is what God laid upon my heart. I ask God, what does He wants me to stretch in? I already feel so stretch, can I stretch more? I pray that I can go on higher, not because I haven't got a choice, but because it is God's will. As I rise to the challenge to lead a bigger bunch of people, I realise that everything else that I use to do with a smaller group has to change. The perspective and even the way..............it is a challenge. When we grow, we move out of our comfort zone, and sometimes it is nicer to just remain in our comfort zone. That is my challenge, to grow and step out of the box that I have always put myself in to be comfortable.

I have been praying and asking God, why has He put me in the position that I am in, be it in ministry or work, I feel very stretched in the aspect of having to lead............and not just lead in how I have always done so, but in new ways, and in "uncomfortable" ways. Sometimes, it is such uncomfortness that will help us to rely on God more, and to draw from Him more.

There has been so much happening in my life that has taken me out of my comfort zone. I am challenged ethically, and as well to stand with integrity, that it is really causing me to ask myself, where I will choose to stand. It is not normal decisions that you will make, but it is one where because of your faith and your convictions in God, that you know you need to make those decisions. Such stretching really test your character and it is amazing when you choose to come before God and surrender it before Him.

All of these kind of remind me that God has called me to be that plumbline of truth, one that will hold fast to His standards and hold with that spirit of integrity and honesty before Him. I think I will choose God's ways, but it is really going to be challenging as it will require me to give up some things which I know is uncomfortable to give up. I can only pray that God will continue to guide me. Let it be stretched...............Stretched for Jesus, and let your character be tested as you "stand trial" before Jesus. Let's stand for the Word of Truth.

No comments: